Border Grill Alaskan Cod with Roasted Peppers and White Beans
- 4 Alaska Black Cod fillets (6 oz. each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup julienned roasted piquillo peppers or red bell peppers
- 4 anchovies, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Mashed White Beans
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans white beans, drained
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Season Alaska Black Cod fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add fish and sear until browned on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, transfer fish to a baking sheet or pan, and bake in oven for 3 to 5 minutes, cooking just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in same skillet used to brown fish. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add roasted peppers and anchovies, if using, and sauté for 2 minutes more. Add white wine, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half. Add chicken stock, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mashed White Beans
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden, about 10 minutes. Add beans and chicken stock, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and using the back of a spoon, mash beans to form a chunky mixture. Stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- To serve, spoon Mashed White Beans into shallow bowls and top with cooked fish fillets. Spoon roasted pepper sauce over fish and serve immediately, accompanied by crusty bread.
Nutrients per serving: 904 calories, 62g total fat, 13g saturated fat, 62% calories from fat, 105mg cholesterol, 39g protein, 42g carbohydrate, 11g fiber, 1657mg sodium, 190mg calcium and 2860mg omega-3 fatty acids.