Oven-Roasted Wild Alaska Cod Europa
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon savory
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Wild Alaska Cod fillets (6 to 8 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or dry white wine
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, combine parsley flakes, marjoram, oregano, savory, thyme and lemon zest. Add leafy part of bay leaf (discarding center stem) broken into small pieces.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Wild Alaska Cod under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Place fillets in spray-coated baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice or wine. Season with salt and pepper; rub on herb blend.
- Cover dish with fitted lid or foil and roast for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and take off lid/foil. Pour butter over fillets and return to oven, uncovered. Roast an additional 7 to 10 minutes for frozen fillets or 4 to 6 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
Nutrients per serving: 218 calories, 7g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 30% calories from fat, 156mg cholesterol, 34g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 238mg sodium, 35mg calcium, and 790mg omega-3 fatty acids.