Blackberry Black Cod
PREP TIME: 30 min
COOK TIME: 12-14 min
TOTAL TIME: 42-44 min
- 6 4-6 oz Wild Alaskan Black Cod (Sablefish) fillets
- Sea salt, as needed
- Vegetable oil for baking sheet
- 1 leek, thinly slice the white base (or shallots if leeks are unavailable)
- 1 ½ cups white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Fresh Mint leaves
- 4 Fresh Thyme sprigs
- 1 ⅓ cups Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp Honey or Agave
- Black pepper, as needed
Black cod (also known as Sablefish) has a buttery taste and flaky texture that pairs beautifully with summer sweet blackberries and fresh herbs!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat fish fillets dry and season with salt. Lightly brush the fillets with white wine and let rest at room temperature while you prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan over low heat, simmer the leeks, wine, lemon, thyme, mint and a pinch of salt together until most of the liquid has evaporated, 15-20 minutes. Add blackberries, butter, honey and cook until the sauce turns pink, 2-4 minutes.
- Place black cod on your baking sheet and spoon the berry mixture over each fillet. Season with pepper and bake for 12-14 minutes.