Miso Glazed Black Cod
Miso Glazed Black Cod from Sammy Singleton on Vimeo.
PREP TIME: 20 min
COOK TIME: 10-12 min
TOTAL TIME: 30-32 min
- 2 4-6 oz Wild Alaska Black Cod (Sablefish) Filets
- 1 cup Red or White Miso
- ½ cup Sake, plus ¼ cup extra
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- Sea Salt, to taste
Miso, ginger, sake, and brown sugar create a complex flavor combination in this simple and delicious recipe.
- Heat broiler on low. Pat dry Black Cod filets with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Lightly brush the filets with sake. Set aside for 15 minutes while preparing the sauce
- Combine miso, sake, brown sugar, ginger and a pinch of salt in a small pot over low heat, mixing until smooth and almost to a boil.
- Place the filets in a baking dish lined with parchment paper and spoon half of the sauce on top. Broil until bubbles start to form. Remove and spoon the remaining sauce on top.
- Continue broiling until fish is cooked through, 10-12 minutes in total.
- Serve immediately with jasmine rice, noodles or even alone.