Pineapple Teriyaki Cod Tacos
PREP TIME: 20 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
TOTAL TIME: 30 min
- 1 2" piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- ½ Tbsp. Chili paste (like Gochujang)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Oyster Sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 ½ tsp. salt, plus more
- 1 1½-lb. Alaska Cod Fish Fillets, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 Thai chilis or serrano peppers, finely chopped (seeds removed for less spice)
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 2 ½ cups chopped pineapple (from about ½ medium pineapple)
- 2 Tbsp. Black or regular sesame seeds (optional but delicious)
- ½ cup chopped green onions, plus extra for serving
- Lime wedges and toasted corn tortillas (for serving)
Spicy and sweet, these teriyaki cod tacos come together with a delicious pineapple salsa that is sure to wow the crowd!
- In your food processor, add ½ cup of the chopped pineapple and process until it is smooth and pureed. In a medium bowl, stir together the pineapple puree, ginger, garlic, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, chili paste, oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, 1 Tbsp. oil, and 1½ tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Add the cubed cod fillets to the bowl and toss until evenly coated. Let the cod marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix white onion, chilis, pineapple, ½ cup green onions, and remaining 2 Tbsp. lime juice, and sesame seeds in a medium bowl to create a salsa. Season with salt as needed.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large non-stick pan and heat over medium-high. Add cod fish with its marinade and reduce heat to medium. Cook, undisturbed, until opaque all the way through and a golden crust forms underneath, about 5 minutes. Turnover and cook until the second side is browned and flesh easily flakes with a fork, about 3 minutes. Transfer the cod pieces to a plate and flake into large pieces with a fork; squeeze a couple of lime wedges over.
- Serve the cod with pineapple salsa, green onions, tortillas, and extra lime wedges to build into tacos.