Lemon, Garlic, and Tamarind Cod
- 4-6 cod fillets (about 1 ½ lbs of cod)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 turmeric powder
- 4-6 lemon slices
- 2 tsp tamarind sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ Fresh ground black pepper
Lemon, garlic, and tamarind cod is one of our favorite ways to warm up during the winter. Here’s an easy recipe to get your cod on. Make sure to save this page so that you can make it again later.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of cod fillets)
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, lemon juice, tamarind, lemon zest, garlic, paprika and turmeric until combined.
- Pat cod dry and season both sides of the fillets with salt and pepper. Coat with butter mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Add tomatoes and lemon slices to the dish. Drizzle evenly with remaining butter mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until cod is opaque and flakes easily with fork. Thin pieces can take around 10 minutes only so keep an eye on your oven. Garnish with any remaining herbs and serve with sauce from the pan.
Recipe by Sammy Singleton