Lime Cilantro Cod
- 4 portions cod fish fillets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ black pepper
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro, have extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lime juiced
- Additional lime slices or wedges for serving
Lime and salt aren’t just for margaritas? I’m shocked. Here is our new easy lime cilantro cod recipe - Save this page so you can make this recipe again later!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of cod fillets)
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease your 9x13 baking dish.
- Lay the cod fillets out in the baking dish. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, oil, flour, garlic, paprika, cilantro, Dijon mustard and lemon juice. The flour is optional but it adds a nice crisp.
- Coat the top of each fillet with a generous spoonful of the butter mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 -15 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish and weather it is fully thawed out of not. The fish is ready when it easily flakes with a fork.
- Serve immediately with additional lemon wedges and fresh cilantro.
Recipe by Sammy Singleton