Parmesan-Crusted Alaska Cod with Summertime Arugula Salad
Wine pairing recommendation: 2016 Horse Heaven Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc
COOK/PREP TIME: 25 min
TOTAL TIME: 25 min
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: mandolin or vegetable peeler
- 4 Alaska cod fillets (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 ounces baby arugula
- 1/2 medium zucchini, sliced super thin with a vegetable peeler or mandolin
- 2 tablespoons mint chiffonade
- 1/2 cup blueberries or sliced figs
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F and put the oven rack in the middle slot. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together panko, Parmesan, lemon zest, rosemary, and salt, then spread out on a plate. Spread mayonnaise on over the cod fillets. Take a cod fillet and press it, mayo-side down, into the plate of panko. Press down firmly so the mixture adheres evenly. Put the cod on the prepared baking sheet, panko side up, and repeat with the remaining fillets.
- Bake until fish is opaque and topping is light golden, about 10 minutes. Switch to broil and broil until the topping is golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the arugula, mint, and zucchini and toss so they are fully but lightly coated in the oil and vinegar. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with blueberries and pine nuts. Arrange the cod fillets on top and garnish with shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately
Recipe and picture provided by Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute