Sesame Crusted Cod
Sesame Crusted Cod from Sammy Singleton on Vimeo.
PREP TIME: 15-18 min
COOK TIME: 2 min
TOTAL TIME: 20 min
- 2 Alaskan Cod Fish Fillets
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or gluten free liquid aminose
- 2 Tbsp High heat oil for searing (peanut oil, avocado oil, coconut oil)
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds (black or both black and white)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or onion powder)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper (or more)
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
An elegant and dramatic dish, sesame crusted cod couldn't be easier to whip up, along with a side of Furikake rice (pictured) or a cucumber salad. Try it tonight!
- Preheat own to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking tray with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine sesame seeds, garlic powder, salt, pepper, brown sugar and thyme.
- Pat Cod Fillets dry with paper towels.
- Working one at a time, dip the fillets in soy sauce. This will help our sesame mix adhere. Generously sprinkle sesame mixture on all side of the cod, pressing firmly into the fillet.
- This next part goes quickly. Get a pan, ideally cast iron, heated on medium-high heat with your oil. Once very hot, place the fillets in the pan, searing each side for 45-60 seconds until the sides become golden. Use tongs to hold fillets upright to sear any sides (i.e. along cut lines).
- Place your seared fillets on your baking tray and get them in the oven as quickly as possible. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked all the way through and flakey. Serve with Furikake rice or Asian Cucumber salad.
Recipe by Sammy Singleton