Lemon Ginger Butter Foil Baked Salmon
Simple and flavorful, this dish comes together quickly in the oven and can be served with fresh herbs.
- 2 Salmon Filets
- 1 1-inch ginger pieces, grated
- 4 Garlic cloves, grated
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with two pieces of foil, both large enough to cover one of your salmon filets. Place one Salmon filet in the center of each piece of foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together your melted butter, ginger, garlic, honey, lemon juice and zest, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the mixture over each piece of salmon. Fold the foil over each piece of Salmon.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes. The salmon is done when you can press into the flesh and it springs back.
- Remove the salmon and turn your broiler on to high. Unfold your salmon and place back under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to achieve a light browning on the top of the filets.
- Remove from the oven and serve with lemon wedges and chopped parsley, cilantro or basil depending on your mood.